You must be 21 years of age and have not reached your 45th birthday with a minimum of 30 semester hours of college. (with a minimum of 2.0 G.P.A.)
Meet one of the following requirements:
1. Have served at least 3 years active duty in one of the armed forces of the United States.
(Reserve time will not be considered)
2. Have at least 3 years of law enforcement experience in the capacity of a certified peace officer with a law enforcement agency employing 25 or more certified peace officers.
3. You must be a United States citizen. You must provide proof of citizenship (e.g. birth certificate, citizenship documents, etc.)
4. You must provide a certified copy of transcript from an accredited college (indicating at least 30 semester hours with a "C" average that has been completed by the time the application is submitted and prior to the testing date.)
5. You must provide a copy of DD214 military discharge paper, (indicating that your discharge was "HONORABLE" and unconditional.)
All of the above documentation, including a completed application, must be submitted by the posted deadline to the CITY OF TYLER STAFF SERVICES DEPARTMENT.