•The Tyler Police Department is a community oriented police agency and as such is dedicated to providing the best possible service to the citizens of Tyler. Our employees strive to make your contact with our department as professional, courteous, and informative as possible.
To assist you with filing a police report and what options are available to you, please read the following guidelines:
• (“EMERGENCY”) All emergency calls in the City of Tyler should be directed to the 911 center.
• (“NON-EMERGENCY”) If you wish to speak to an officer and have them come to your location dial 903-531-1000.
• You may come to the Tyler Police Department, located at 711 W. Ferguson, to file a report 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in our main lobby.
• You may file a police report with our Telephone Reporting Unit personnel if it is one of the below listed categories: Please call 903-531-1000 to set up a phone report.
a. Forgery / Credit Card Abuse
b. Found Property (walk-in)
c. Criminal Trespass
d. Additional Information
• You may file a police report online if you meet the following requirments stipulated on the online form. The offenses that may be filed online are listed below. Click Here for access to online report form.
b. Lost Property
d. Theft from Open Garage or Shed
e. Vandalism (Criminal Mischief)
f. Vehicle Burglary